Friday, April 24, 2015

What ill miss most about college

I can’t believe that I am almost done with college.

I have spent the best four years of my life here. I know this is cliché but I truly have learned so much about my self during these years. High Point University has been my home for so long it’s going to be so hard to say goodbye.  With graduation literally two weeks away I honestly don’t know how to feel about it. I have been having such anxiety about these two weeks and graduation but I am also really excited for what I am about to experience. The last week of school will be such a great bonding experience for the senior class and I am excited to go to all of the events they have planned for us.

These are the things I’ll miss the most about college:

  • Never having to look nice: This morning I got out of bed for my 7:50 at 7:40.  I put on my leggings and my teeshirt and I was out the door. I have a very impressive wardrobe but I seem to always be wearing workout clothes. I love my workout clothes and I am not really ready to have them only be worn at the gym.
  • Walking: Though I have to admit I’ve only started walking around campus this year, I will miss it. Not only is it absolutely beautiful, its nice to get exercise in and be outside. I don’t have a job yet but most likely I will be sitting at a desk for the majority of the day. How horrible
  •  Free gym membership: Have you seen the Slane gym? It’s basically a fit girls paradise. I don’t have a job yet so as of right now I am flat broke. I cannot afford $40 a month to go to the gym. I’m upset I didn’t take full use of Slane gym my freshman and sophomore year…. Its free
  • Free food: Technically not free but when your parents are paying your tuition you are not dishing out your own money for food. A salad in NYC is at least $10 for lunch. Ill miss my magic meals the most and I wish that they were a real thing outside of HPU
  •  My house: I live in the best house. The seven girls that live here are actually really close. No cat fights! I have my own room and lets be honest its probably bigger than I will ever be able to afford in NYC. We have a huge full kitchen, our own laundry room in the house and even a big back yard. 855 Centennial will be hard to say goodbye too.
  • My senior class: I will obviously miss my friends that I am the closest with but I will see them. We are all heading up north after graduation and are within a few hours from each other. We will of course plan times to see each other and all will be okay. There are some amazing people in the senior class that I am not as close with. They will do amazing things and I will probably see their names in the new but it will be surprising if I ever see them again.



I’m still not sure I am ready to leave this place just yet but whether I like it or not graduation day is May 9, 2015.

2 comments:

  1. This post makes me so sad, but it was a good read to make me grateful for everything hpu has given me over the past 4 years. I truly have enjoyed everything you listed about this campus and the people who live in it and will miss all of it dearly next year! Hope you continue your blog!

    Sincerely,
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. It warms my heart to hear about your feelings and great experience at HPU. I wish you great success upon graduation and hope you stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete